Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A bad day indeed

It was a bad day.

This morning I called my sperm donor of a father to confirm that I would see him in the afternoon to pick up money for textbooks. I was then told I am a worthless, lazy, waste of space leech that only serves to siphon money from is pocket.He forgot to mention I was also his son.

A nice serving of reality-my-dad-father-is-a-douche with my cereal.

In the early part of the afternoon I was informed that my financial aid would maybe arrive on the 8th, but it was not likely. The woman was older, greying and had tremors. She also was more interested in trying find her pen than explaining to me what was happening to my fin-aid. I left before she found her pen.

During my last class of the day, my professor assigned quite a lot of reading, which I can't do. So I waited after class to ask him if the library had a copy of the textbok I could borrow for an hour ( had done this for my Japanese class, the books have to be authorized for use by the professor.) At which point the very white man turned a shade of very dark red, much like a tomato but not quite, and proceeded to inform me that it was my fault for not buying the book a month ago when he sent out an email. When I told him I had no money or fin-aid to speak of, I was Indirectly informed it was my fault for being poor. He kept referring back to the email he sent as if it would somehow change something about my inability to purchase a textbook. Maybe if Steve Jobs had said it...


I think be fine, regardless of what happens. I'm going out to look for a job on Friday and Saturday. I can borrow the textbooks from classmates. I can buy e-book chapters I need. I started again jogging to relieve my stress.



I'm going to be fine, if I ever wake up from this fucking twisted nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. your professor is on his own level of douche-ness. i am wowed that he would say something like that.

    ReplyDelete